After the successful raid, The deposed Libyan dictator was said to have begged for his life and screamed "don't shoot!", which frankly I'm not sure why people are surprised by that.
From the Daily Mail:
- Gaddafi tried to flee in a convoy hit by American drone
- Vehicles were also shelled by Nato fighter jets...
- ... before being driven back to his compound in Sirte
- Gaddafi in final attempt to flee before final push by rebels
- 'Found in a hole' wearing military-style clothing, shouting 'Don't shoot'
- Rebel forces executed him in front of a baying mob
- His body was paraded through the streets of the city
- Eldest son Saif shot in leg in Sirte day before - some reports say he is dead
- Other son Mutassim confirmed killed in Sirte
- Reports say Gaddafi will be given secret burial
- US President Barack Obama hails 'momentous day' in history of Libya but warns of 'difficult days ahead'
Clickable Link -> http://youtu.be/NVIkck02qao
On a related Libya news note, mass graves are still being found all over the country. So anybody saying it was unfair to kill him, etc please click that link and THEN make a comment.
Sources -> https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/world/africa/qaddafi-is-killed-as-libyan-forces-take-surt.html?_r=2&hp
Earlier Links -> http://www.dannyfinnegan.com/2011/04/is-gaddafi-jewish.html