- when Madonna applied to adopt a little girl from the impoverished African nation of Malawi in March of 2009, the director of Malawi’s Human Rights Consultative Committee called her a “child kidnapper” and a “bully”, claiming she was using her money to influence the people who would make the decision. (3.31.09)
- a few days later a judge denied the adoption because Madonna didn’t meet the eligibility requirements, specifically, she didn’t live in Malawi. (4.3.09)
- Madonna wants to build a home in Malawi, and spend $15,000,000 building an extra fancy private school for girls! So, see, that first guy was way out of line. (4.10.09)
- They gave her the little girl. (6.12.09)
- Ummm… (6.13.09 through 2.11.10)
- She had the government give her land, and kick off the people who were living there, so she could build the school. (2.12.10)
- She wore several thousand dollar outfits to the now spacious, wide open land and posed for pictures. (4.7.10)
That brings us to today, and an article in the New York Times. Guess how it’s going.
…the plans to build a $15 million school for about 400 girls in the poor southeastern African country have been officially abandoned.When Madonna posed for that picture in the headline, at the ground breaking in April, you could see the slogan for the school was, “Dare to Dream”. It was supposed to be, “Keep Dreaming. Because I’m Not Givin You Shit,” but that wouldn’t fit on the brick.